Monday, February 12, 2007

Will it spread?

I believe that each human has an inherent potential set before conception. The word potential in this case means the promise of a level of ability to bring things into existence that are not yet tangible but remain possible if pursued. So this is to say that you and I have a level of creative ability that is not fully realised or put to use without some deliberate effort.

I bring this up because for the almost half a decade I have been developing my comprehension of what it means to be in pursuit of ones potential. In this time I have awoken to a world that has known this idea (in some shape or form) for millennia.

Whether it comes though in a secular or spiritual viewpoint, I think there is a universal truth to who we are; that each person has uniqueness found in the potential they could live flavoured through a limitless combination of DNA, personality, character development, strengths , and choice.

But why doesn't this concept pervade the fabric of society on a conscious level? Why is it that we dynamic and creative human individuals so often settle for mediocre and mundane experiences of life?

It seems to me that the answer to so many of the problems and issues concerning humanity lie just over the horizon of perceived potential (where in my mind realised potential lies) yet seems so far out of reach every time we start to focus our attention on the urgent instead of the important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home